$100 000 lost to blaze
Fri, November 02, 2012 - 12:08 AM
Businessman Shan Juman said he’d lost more than $100 000 after the storage facility that houses chemicals, a foam producing machine and a delivery truck went up in flames at Rising Sun, Balls, Christ Church, last night.
Nothing was saved from the shed that was home to a six-wheeler delivery truck that Juman bought a few months ago for $58 000.
The flames appeared just before 7 p.m., completely destroying five machines, one of which produced foam for mattresses and pillows for his Sleeprite Barbados Ltd firm.
Juman, 66, the managing director of Sleeprite that is located in nearby Lowlands, said the fire was a setback to his 12-year-old business which has suffered a 35 per cent decline in business. (MK)Please read the full story in today’s WEEKEND NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Pan Wallie commented on Money woes hurting Jack
- Pan Wallie commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Nigel Nicholls commented on Banks Calendar Girl Top 8 picked
- Tony Webster commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Wayne Webster commented on Ganja found in container at Port