$100 000 lost to blaze
Fri, November 02, 2012 - 12:08 AM
Businessman Shan Juman said he’d lost more than $100 000 after the storage facility that houses chemicals, a foam producing machine and a delivery truck went up in flames at Rising Sun, Balls, Christ Church, last night.
Nothing was saved from the shed that was home to a six-wheeler delivery truck that Juman bought a few months ago for $58 000.
The flames appeared just before 7 p.m., completely destroying five machines, one of which produced foam for mattresses and pillows for his Sleeprite Barbados Ltd firm.
Juman, 66, the managing director of Sleeprite that is located in nearby Lowlands, said the fire was a setback to his 12-year-old business which has suffered a 35 per cent decline in business. (MK)Please read the full story in today’s WEEKEND NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sodi S commented on Six may go, LIAT closing departments
- Tony Webster commented on Cruise record
- Bentley Beckles commented on EDITORIAL: Include farmers in Govt’s plans for industry
- Carl Harper commented on Shane takes bronze
- Carl Harper commented on Sinckler sorry for BRA slip-up