26 missionaries robbed in Jamaica
Thu, August 08, 2013 - 5:45 PM
KINGSTON, Jamaica, Aug 8 - The police in the central parish of Manchester have launched an investigation into the early morning robbery of twenty-six missionaries.
The missionaries from God’s Missionary Church in Pennsylvania, in the United States were invited to Jamaica by the Jamaica Holiness Church to work in their vacation Bible School programme.
According to the group’s Youth Pastor, Anthony Harris, masked men entered the premises early this morning.
“We were all in bed sleeping, I was sleeping close to the door and when the door cracked open – I woke up and in came four masked men who were also armed, they were demanding money. Several different items were stolen in the process , cell phones, wallets and stuff like that”
He said although members of the group were not physically assaulted, they are terrified. (CMC)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on BWU conference: Employment act to be amended
- Tony Webster commented on THE HOYOS FILE: Living in a Massy paradise
- Larsen Parris commented on Bajan sex workers urged to join body
- Larsen Parris commented on Young hitmen
- Carl Harper commented on Severance mess troubling