3 hurt in gunplay((Pictures by Lennox Devonish.))
By CARLOS ATWELL | Thu, November 08, 2012 - 12:10 AM
GUNPLAY, triggered by a feud between two nearby communities, has left three men injured and residents of New Orleans, St Michael, living in fear.
Residents told the Daily Nation that long-standing rivalry between young men in the New Orleans and Chapman Lane districts was responsible for Tyson Lovell, 26, of Passage Road, St Michael, being shot in the back; Terique Howard, 18, of Country Road, St Michael, receiving a gunshot wound to the left forearm; and Lamar Hewitt, 21, of New Orleans, being shot in the right calf. The shooting took place just after noon yesterday.
Hewitt’s father Alec Lovell of 7th Avenue, New Orleans, described what happened.
“I was in the gallery liming with my youth [Hewitt], my nephew [Tyson] and “Sabie” [Howard] when I went inside to rest.
Above, POLICE OFFICERS at the scene of the shooting where they examined Alec Lovell’s home. There were spent bullet shells on the ground and bullet holes in the house. Lamar Hewitt (inset), who was shot in the leg during a drive-by shooting in New Orleans, St Michael, yesterday.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?