48 hoursMembers of the Alexandra School PTA sent a strong warning to the Ministry of Education.
Mon, April 23, 2012 - 12:08 AM
TODAY, the Ministry of Education will be sent a letter giving it 48 hours to bring a short-term solution to the Alexandra School impasse, or face parents’ wrath.
That letter will be sent by the Barbados National Council of Parent-Teacher Associations (BNCPTA) Inc., authorized by unanimous agreement of the executive of the Alexandra School PTA at an emergency meeting last Friday evening to negotiate on its behalf.
This decision was unanimously supported by the Alexandra PTA general body the following day.
The letter, which will be delivered by hand, will call on the ministry as the agency responsible for ensuring the education of this island’s children, to implement a sustainable plan of action to make sure each class at The Alexandra School is adequately covered by a full complement of trained teachers.
Read the full story in today's DAILY NATION.
- Editor's Choice
- Your Lamen commented on $60M loss
- Tanya Respect Forde commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: LIME’s $100m investment great news
- Judy Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments