500 put to the test(Picture by Nigel Browne.)
Fri, January 04, 2013 - 12:05 AM
The Gymnasium of the Garfield Sobers Sports Complex became an examinations centre yesterday when some 500 people sat the Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate Examination.
The main supervisor, who declined identification, said those who sat the exam were private entrants, several of them adults.
The supervisor said it was usual to have the large number of participants tackling the English and Mathematics papers but the numbers would decrease for other subjects. Examinations will be held over the next 12 days.
Here, students preparing to sit the second half of the CSEC English A examination at the Gymnasium of the Garfield Sobers Sports Complex yesterday. (CA)
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?