$60m saleContractor Al Barrack. (FP)
By Maria Bradshaw | Sun, January 13, 2013 - 12:10 AM
Cabinet has finally agreed to accept the offer of $60 million for the sale and lease back of the Warrens Office Complex.
That means that contractor Al Barrack should receive his long-overdue, court-awarded compensation in 90 days or sooner.
The sale is to be supervised by the Supreme Court.
Minister of Housing Michael Lashley yesterday confirmed that Government had accepted the $60 million offer from the purchaser.
“I took a paper to Cabinet on Thursday and Cabinet has accepted the offer to settle the matter. We would now have to meet with Mr Barrack’s attorney to finalize the sale,” he told the SUNDAY SUN.Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Lloyd Gulston commented on Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Leif jensen commented on Tough lessons
- Harold Harris commented on Low spirits
- Lloyd Gulston commented on Festival needs ‘helping hand’
- Sodi S commented on 13 million snails put down