Monday, May 18, 2026

97 gone

Date:

Share post:

ON THE SECOND DAY of 2013, Barbados’ main telecommunication service provider LIME has sent 97 employees on the breadline with immediate effect.
Lamenting poor customer service and substantial losses, managing director Alex McDonald told Barbadians that  the company had no choice but to make critical business changes, one of which was to reduce its retail business  and invest in new technologies.
“The fact is that more and more, the quality of service coming from our retail space and other parts of our business became less and less desirable. The last component was that we were unable to open our retail space in Warrens for two days due to a combination of leave . . . and illness being reported. We’ve  had to ask our colleagues to help us man those stores,” he told the media at a Press conference at Courtyard At Marriott yesterday.
In relation to the technological changes due to be implemented “shortly”, McDonald said LIME had been investing heavily in the last few months in its outside plants and in the technical performance of its business.

Related articles

Hike ‘could have been worse’

Barbadians would be facing an even steeper increase in electricity bills had Government not stepped in to absorb...

Consumers to pay more at the pump

The retail prices of gasoline, diesel, and kerosene will increase effective midnight, Sunday, May 17. Gasoline will retail at...

Small Craft Advisory issued for Barbados

A small craft advisory is in effect for Barbados for above normal swell heights, and this pattern is...

Fogging Schedule: May 18 to 22

Various districts in St James, St Michael and St George will be visited by the Vector Control Unit...