A divided Bar
By Dawne Parris | Sat, October 20, 2012 - 12:10 AM
THERE APPEARS TO BE a division in the Bar Association, with some senior members threatening to resign, following an explosive meeting earlier this week.
The disagreement over how the association should proceed in pushing for Chief Justice Marston Gibson to address issues affecting the administration of justice came to a head on Thursday, with several attorneys upset that president Andrew Pilgrim had met with Gibson without informing the council.
Several of the association’s members, who spoke on condition of anonymity, reported that “all hell broke loose” when Pilgrim told the approximately 60 members in attendance at the meeting about his discussion with Gibson on Monday.
“Expletives were hurled across the room and all kinds of things were said and very unflattering words used,” one lawyer reported.Please read the full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Harold Harris commented on Burke pulls up injured
- Harold Harris commented on Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Tony Waterman commented on 13 million snails put down
- Harold Harris commented on Tough lessons
- Pan Wallie commented on Low spirits