A divided Bar
By Dawne Parris | Sat, October 20, 2012 - 12:10 AM
THERE APPEARS TO BE a division in the Bar Association, with some senior members threatening to resign, following an explosive meeting earlier this week.
The disagreement over how the association should proceed in pushing for Chief Justice Marston Gibson to address issues affecting the administration of justice came to a head on Thursday, with several attorneys upset that president Andrew Pilgrim had met with Gibson without informing the council.
Several of the association’s members, who spoke on condition of anonymity, reported that “all hell broke loose” when Pilgrim told the approximately 60 members in attendance at the meeting about his discussion with Gibson on Monday.
“Expletives were hurled across the room and all kinds of things were said and very unflattering words used,” one lawyer reported.Please read the full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past