A new manRaul Garcia. (FP)
Sun, October 07, 2012 - 12:09 AM
Convicted cocaine smuggler Raul Garcia says he is “a completely redeemed man” who wants to help Barbados’ young people avoid the pitfalls of drugs.
He also maintains he is not a threat to Barbados and is more than able to support himself if permitted to live here.
Garcia, who was responding to questions submitted by the SUNDAY SUN through his attorney David Comissiong, said he had learnt a number of lessons after spending nearly 20 years in prison.
“After witnessing so many young people in prison with drug addiction, I have learnt how the drug trade is really doing a lot of damage, particularly to young people,” the 58-year-old said. (BW)Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Godfrey Bynoe commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Dionne Lashley commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Orson Arthur commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally
- Orson Arthur commented on House of horror
- Orson Arthur commented on Belle clear