A whopper!(Gercine Carter)
Sat, April 14, 2012 - 12:02 AM
Pedro and Debbie Gonzalez picked the biggest coconut they have ever seen while on a Sunday picnic on the beach at the East Coast Road recently.
The whopper, which stood 33 inches tall with a 28-and-a-half inch circumference, weighed 13 1/2 pounds. It was the largest in a bunch of six coconuts all of which the couple said were an unusually large size.
Cuba-born Pedro, a sculptor, plans to create a special work of art from the coconut shell.
Here, Pedro and Debbie admire the huge coconut which they brought to The NATION’s Fontabelle offices. (GC)
- Editor's Choice
- Carl Harper commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Dale Harris commented on Two off to play in England
- Jack Husbands commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Jalisa Skeete commented on Barbados' supercentenarian Sisnett is dead
- Frank Husbands commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally