‘Alive in us’
By Barry Alleyne | Mon, October 22, 2012 - 12:16 AM
Former Prime Minister David Thompson still lives; and he lives in the hearts and minds of Barbadians, Prime Minister Freundel Stuart proclaimed yesterday.
And it is the values that Thompson spread across the country during his short stint as Prime Minister, he says, that will eventually help Barbados out of the current economic recession.
Stuart made the claim as he delivered the feature remarks at the second David Thompson Memorial Service at the Wesleyan Holiness Church of Massiah Street in St John.
And the Prime Minister yesterday called on all countrymen and countrywomen to stay the course along with the Government, in fighting “the worst recession the planet has encountered in more than a century”, by using the values Thompson had instilled.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Carl Harper commented on Moody’s rating ‘affects interest payments’
- Bim Bum commented on ‘Money in seaweed’
- Bim Bum commented on Gunned down
- Jack Husbands commented on Singer hit by hard times
- Tony Webster commented on BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Canada still banking on the Caribbean