All BajanAttorney General Ariel Brathwaite (FP)
By Gercine Carter | Thu, October 25, 2012 - 12:10 AM
The Royal Barbados Police Force will not be headed by a non-Barbadian in the foreseeable future.
This assurance from Attorney General Ariel Brathwaite comes when Deputy Commissioner of Police Bertie Hinds has gone on pre-retirement leave and Commissioner of Police Darwin Dottin contemplates retirement.
Speaking to the DAILY NATION about succession in the force, the Attorney General was adamant that replacements for the top cops would not be sought outside Barbados.
“Barbados has a cadre of very young, able-bodied competent police officers that I do not see – certainly in the short to medium term – any reason for us to consider looking outside for management in the Royal Barbados Police Force.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- elliot gibbs commented on Home cry
- Dale Connell commented on THE 'NETTE EFFECT: Day my childhood came crashing down
- Orange Peel commented on Taxing lines at centres
- Glyne Griffith commented on Sealy: Focus on women
- Orson Arthur commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Afraid to tell him I’m not into sex