All BajanAttorney General Ariel Brathwaite (FP)
By Gercine Carter | Thu, October 25, 2012 - 12:10 AM
The Royal Barbados Police Force will not be headed by a non-Barbadian in the foreseeable future.
This assurance from Attorney General Ariel Brathwaite comes when Deputy Commissioner of Police Bertie Hinds has gone on pre-retirement leave and Commissioner of Police Darwin Dottin contemplates retirement.
Speaking to the DAILY NATION about succession in the force, the Attorney General was adamant that replacements for the top cops would not be sought outside Barbados.
“Barbados has a cadre of very young, able-bodied competent police officers that I do not see – certainly in the short to medium term – any reason for us to consider looking outside for management in the Royal Barbados Police Force.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past