All BajanAttorney General Ariel Brathwaite (FP)
By Gercine Carter | Thu, October 25, 2012 - 12:10 AM
The Royal Barbados Police Force will not be headed by a non-Barbadian in the foreseeable future.
This assurance from Attorney General Ariel Brathwaite comes when Deputy Commissioner of Police Bertie Hinds has gone on pre-retirement leave and Commissioner of Police Darwin Dottin contemplates retirement.
Speaking to the DAILY NATION about succession in the force, the Attorney General was adamant that replacements for the top cops would not be sought outside Barbados.
“Barbados has a cadre of very young, able-bodied competent police officers that I do not see – certainly in the short to medium term – any reason for us to consider looking outside for management in the Royal Barbados Police Force.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Dale M commented on Fines fuss
- Tony Webster commented on MONDAY MAN: On guard, by God’s grace
- Wayne Webster commented on Time to step up
- Pan Wallie commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: I love outside man, despite the blows
- Pan Wallie commented on Fire officers to get a hand