All clear for St Thomas residentsHome Affairs Minister Adriel Brathwaite (second from left) with Minister of Health John Boyce and other officials at the scene. (Sharon Harding)
Tue, March 26, 2013 - 5:24 PM
The all clear has been given to residents living down wind of the smoke coming from the fire which occurred on Monday at the vehicle and metal dump in Cane Garden, St Thomas.
Minister of Home Affairs Adriel Brathwaite told the press this evening in a briefing that the all clear was given following a carbon monoxide test which was conducted at the public health laboratory.
Some residents in areas like Melrose and Arthur Seat in St Thomas and Holders Hill and Prior Park in St James, were affected by the smoke.
We will continue to update you on this story
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sodi S commented on Six may go, LIAT closing departments
- Tony Webster commented on Cruise record
- Bentley Beckles commented on EDITORIAL: Include farmers in Govt’s plans for industry
- Carl Harper commented on Shane takes bronze
- Carl Harper commented on Sinckler sorry for BRA slip-up