Arthur: Failure of leadership(FP)
By MIKE KING | Tue, October 16, 2012 - 12:07 AM
OPPOSITION LEADER Owen Arthur says the global economic downturn is not the biggest issue facing Barbados, rather it is “a recession of leadership”.
The former Prime Minister said if it were possible, the Barbados Labour Party (BLP) would give its top annual honour – the Grantley Adams Award – to Prime Minister Freundel Stuart as the person who had done the most for the party in the last year.
Arthur was the final speaker Sunday night at the official opening of the Christ Church South constituency office on Maxwell Coast Road and attended by candidate Jerome Walcott, the former MP.
“The man has said that we have awoken a sleeping giant when we knew all along he was asleep,” Arthur said of, Stuart. “If he in fact was asleep for the last two years, he really ought to return the money to the Treasury.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?