Arthur shares youth planOwen Arthur (FP)
Tue, October 30, 2012 - 12:06 AM
OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE YOUTH, particularly in sports, will be on the list of priorities of a Barbados Labour Party (BLP) Government.
Party leader Owen Arthur is ready to pump millions of dollars into providing those opportunities and building mini stadiums in three areas of the island.
During his address to the 74th Annual Conference of the BLP on Sunday in Queen’s Park, Arthur said the time was ripe for more young Barbadians to be equipped as professionals to tap into the international sports market, especially football.
“Thanks to the previous BLP administrations, sporting organizations now draw over $13 million per year from the lotteries. (DP)
Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Pan Wallie commented on Money woes hurting Jack
- Pan Wallie commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Nigel Nicholls commented on Banks Calendar Girl Top 8 picked
- Tony Webster commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Wayne Webster commented on Ganja found in container at Port