Arthur shares youth planOwen Arthur (FP)
Tue, October 30, 2012 - 12:06 AM
OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE YOUTH, particularly in sports, will be on the list of priorities of a Barbados Labour Party (BLP) Government.
Party leader Owen Arthur is ready to pump millions of dollars into providing those opportunities and building mini stadiums in three areas of the island.
During his address to the 74th Annual Conference of the BLP on Sunday in Queen’s Park, Arthur said the time was ripe for more young Barbadians to be equipped as professionals to tap into the international sports market, especially football.
“Thanks to the previous BLP administrations, sporting organizations now draw over $13 million per year from the lotteries. (DP)
Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past