Asian coupKyle Mayers (Internet Image)
Sat, September 08, 2012 - 12:07 AM
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad – Bangladesh beat Barbados in a rain-shortened game while Afghanistan stole a last-over thriller against hosts Trinidad and Tobago on the opening day of the Asia Versus The Caribbean twenty20 tournament here Thursday.
The Bajans suffered a seven-wicket defeat by a Bangladesh Cricket Board XI with nine balls to spare at the Queen’s Park Oval in Trinidad on Thursday.
Facing just eight overs after evening showers severely reduced their match, Barbados reached 65 for four, with West Indies Under-19 player Kyle Mayers hitting two sixes to topscore with 18 off six balls.
But the young all-rounder was run out and Barbados then got little outside the contribution of opener Omar Phillips and Ashley Nurse, who both scored 15. (CMC/JM)Please read the full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Your Lamen commented on $60M loss
- Tanya Respect Forde commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: LIME’s $100m investment great news
- Judy Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments