BA boostBA District manager Nigel Blackett (FP)
By GERCINE CARTER | Sat, November 10, 2012 - 12:10 AM
BRITISH AIRWAYS (BA) is projecting a good winter season for its Barbados business, with more than 2 000 passengers arriving here every week.
The airline’s winter season operations began last month with ten weekly direct London-to-Barbados return flights and district manager Nigel Blackett said already the passenger loads were “encouraging”.
The BA aircraft has a seating capacity of 226 and there is an expected boost in business with a weekly air/sea exchange of cruise ship and airline passengers, starting November 16.
This will see close to 200 cruise ship passengers taking a BA flight back to London from Barbados, while a similar number of BA passengers will join the cruise ship in Barbados.Please read the full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years