Bahamas takes gold in 4x400 relayBahamas' Ramon Miller crosses the finish line ahead of Angelo Taylor of the U.S. to win the men's 4x400m relay final.
Fri, August 10, 2012 - 6:03 PM
LONDON, Aug 10 (Reuters) - Bahamas edged out favourites the United States to take gold in the Olympic men's 4x400 metres relay final on Friday.
Bahamas' Chris Brown, Demetrius Pinder, Michael Mathieu and Ramon Miller sped home in a time of 2 minutes 56.72 seconds to take gold.
Bryshon Nellum, Joshua Mance, Tony McQuay and Angelo Taylor claimed silver for the U.S. with a time of 2:57.05, ending a run of seven successive golds in the event.
Trinidad and Tobago won the bronze with hosts Britain fourth.
- Editor's Choice
- Georges Augustin commented on Embrace African heritage!
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Bim Bum commented on Credit unions must pull investments
- Bim Bum commented on Too much emotion!
- Bim Bum commented on Increase in drugs from US