Bail for doctor facing three assault chargesDr Wayne Welch (right) leaving the court yesterday with attorney Anthony Wiltshire. (Picture by Maria Bradshaw.)
Tue, August 13, 2013 - 12:02 AM
A GYNAECOLOGIST ACCUSED of indecently assaulting three women was released on bail when he appeared in the District “A” Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
Dr Wayne Welch, of Mount Wilton, St Thomas, was not required to plead to indecently assaulting one woman on February 2; another on June 16 and a third on June 20, all in 2012.
There was no objection to bail but prosecutor Station Sergeant Keith Belle asked that bail be granted with certain conditions.
He asked that Welch be made to surrender his passport; that he be made to present himself at the police station nearest to him and that he have nothing to do with the complainants during the “currency of the matters”.
Magistrate Douglas Frederick confiscated Welch’s passport, ordered him to report to District “F” Station every Wednesday, and released him with a surety of $15 000.
Welch, who was represented by Anthony Wiltshire, returns to court on November 4. (HLE)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past