Bajans for Mango Bowl
Wed, November 21, 2012 - 12:03 AM
Barbados will be represented at a new regional regatta in St Lucia in December.
Following last weekend’s United Insurance Match-Racing Cup for J24 yachts, the Barbadians were invited to compete in the inaugural Mango Bowl in Rodney Bay on December 1 and 2.
Committee Member of the J24 Club of Barbados Kwame Hinds said so far five crews from Barbados had indicated their intention to make the trip for the fleet-racing contest.
The regatta will renew the rivalry between Barbadian and St Lucian sailors after St Lucian crew JCB grabbed the coveted Match-Racing Cup in Carlisle Bay last weekend, defeating defending champions HawkEye in the final sail-off.
The St Lucians turned back stiff competition from Barbadian and Trinidadian sailors, winning ten races in challenging conditions.
Final results in the 2012 United Match-Racing Cup were: (1) Team JCB (St. Lucia); (2) HawkEye; (3) Impulse; (4) Esperanza; (5) ISIS ; (6) FadeAway; (7) Team Powerboat of Trinidad; (8) MISFITS. (PR/BB)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on Barrack negotiations continuing
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Easing the burden of families hit by disaster
- Snow Cone commented on CBS ends deal with Rihanna
- daneale o'neale commented on ‘Insult to union’
- Tony Webster commented on We must travel!