Banks bow out of T20 with victory
Mon, November 19, 2012 - 12:02 AM
Banks defeated Ince Transport MTW by 16 runs under the Duckworth/Lewis method in a rescheduled Sagicor General Twenty20 match at Pine Basin yesterday.
In a game where neither stood a chance of advancing after the quarter-finalists were confirmed on Saturday, Banks, on winning the toss, took first use of the wicket and scored 122 for nine.
That total was built around contributions from David Carter (24), Ramon Sealy (21), Keegan Alleyne (20), Orion Bostic (18) and captain Shadd Simmons (18).
Leg-spinner Junior Holder and Kevin Gittens both shared two wickets each for 18 and 20 runs respectively for MTW.
MTW reached 91 for six off 18 overs when huge grey clouds that had hovered over the ground finally broke at 3:53 p.m, driving the players off the field. After an inspection by umpires Earl Collymore and Ryan Willoughby at 4:36 p.m., they deemed the bowlers’ run-up unsuitable to continue.
Under the Duckworth/Lewis calculations, MTW needed to be 107 to win. (LY)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mr Psychotic commented on Foreplay giant, but still too small
- Larsen Parris commented on Fees ‘best option’
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’