Barbados celebrates 46th year of IndependenceGovernor General Sir Elliott Belgrave inspects the troops during the Independence parade. (Nigel Browne)
Fri, November 30, 2012 - 3:20 PM
DETACHMENTS from more than 20 armed and unarmed units braved intermittent showers as they stood proudly to salute the 46th birthday of an Independent Barbados at the historic Garrison Savannah earlier today.
Crisp uniforms, shiny shoes and precise movements were the order of the morning as the members of the military and civilian organisations thrilled the thousands of onlookers, most of whom were dressed in the national colours of blue, yellow and black as they marched past Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave for the salute.
The Barbados Boy Scouts Association is celebrating 100 years of scouting in Barbados and the boys and men from the various arms of the association had the honour of presenting a display. (YB)Please read the full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past