BARP: Govt too slow on CLICO, BAICOCLICO Corporate Centre. (FP)
Fri, December 28, 2012 - 12:09 AM
The Barbados Association of Retired Persons (BARP) has strongly criticized Government for moving too slowly to resolve the money problems of CLICO and BAICO policyholders.
Since the collapse of the two insurance companies three years ago, BARP’s investment of $1/2 million has been in jeopardy.
“Our concern is that we are not seeing the sort of response from Government that we thought would bring us to some sort of satisfactory conclusion in the matter,” BARP president Edward Bushell told the WEEKEND NATION yesterday.
“We see in other jurisdictions the matter being settled and we can see no meaningful action at all in Barbados.” (GA)Please read the full story in today’s WEEKEND NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Pan Wallie commented on Money woes hurting Jack
- Pan Wallie commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Nigel Nicholls commented on Banks Calendar Girl Top 8 picked
- Tony Webster commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Wayne Webster commented on Ganja found in container at Port