BARP: Govt too slow on CLICO, BAICOCLICO Corporate Centre. (FP)
Fri, December 28, 2012 - 12:09 AM
The Barbados Association of Retired Persons (BARP) has strongly criticized Government for moving too slowly to resolve the money problems of CLICO and BAICO policyholders.
Since the collapse of the two insurance companies three years ago, BARP’s investment of $1/2 million has been in jeopardy.
“Our concern is that we are not seeing the sort of response from Government that we thought would bring us to some sort of satisfactory conclusion in the matter,” BARP president Edward Bushell told the WEEKEND NATION yesterday.
“We see in other jurisdictions the matter being settled and we can see no meaningful action at all in Barbados.” (GA)Please read the full story in today’s WEEKEND NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Robert Goode commented on Jobs on Hold
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Lawyer challenges court decision
- Carl Harper commented on ALL AH WE IS ONE: The bright poor
- Wayne Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Farmers get short end of sugar stick
- Lisha Clarke commented on Robbery accused sent for evaluation