BCC in volleyball finalsATIBA’S ATTACK: CP’s Atiba Best attacking with QC’s Shamer Williams (right) and Kore Denny blocking at left.
By Kenmore Bynoe | Fri, November 30, 2012 - 12:00 AM
Barbados Community College (BCC) boys advanced to the finals of the Super Centre Inter-Schools Volleyball League finals – as did the girls – but Queen’s College’s (QC) boys failed to join their girls on that trip.
QC’s boys were put off the bus by favourites Coleridge & Parry (CP), 14-25, 15-25 when the semis were staged Wednesday at the BCC gym.
Making some puzzling substitutions and setting options, QC, with junior nationals Nathaniel McClean and Adam Niles, were pounded for the second time this year by CP.
At no time did QC challenge CP with junior setter Kemar Hinds unleashing a potent attack of Atiba Best, Stephen Packer and Shakera Hall. CARIFTA athlete Hall made a mockery of her male opponents outspiking, outserving and outpassing them with the ease she normally reserves for the National Stadium track.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on Barrack negotiations continuing
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Easing the burden of families hit by disaster
- Snow Cone commented on CBS ends deal with Rihanna
- daneale o'neale commented on ‘Insult to union’
- Tony Webster commented on We must travel!