Beale on security and rum subsidies
Sat, November 03, 2012 - 3:38 PM
Issues that range from security, loans from the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), the banking sector and taxes, rum subsidies and trade, to the financing of the Organization of American States are all on the table for discussion by the United States and Barbados. John Beale, Barbados’ Ambassador in Washington, is well placed to talk about how they can be resolved.
In New York recently to attend the Young Barbadian Professional Society’s entrepreneurial awards luncheon, Beale, a former bank executive in Bridgetown, talked about these matters with THE NATION’s North American Correspondent Tony Best.
Full interview in tomorrow's SUNDAY SUN
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Lloyd Gulston commented on Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Leif jensen commented on Tough lessons
- Harold Harris commented on Low spirits
- Lloyd Gulston commented on Festival needs ‘helping hand’
- Sodi S commented on 13 million snails put down