Bean, Bermuda’s Opposition LeaderMarc Bean
Thu, December 27, 2012 - 5:21 PM
HAMILTON, Bermuda – Leader of the New Progressive Labour Party (PLP) leader Marc Bean was officially sworn in as Opposition Leader today by Governor George Fergusson.
Bean, 38, the former Environment Minister, was chosen by delegates last Friday as the party's new leader to replace Paula Cox, who lost her seat in the House of Assembly in the December 17 general election, which saw the PLP swept from power after 14 years and replaced by the 19-month-old One Bermuda Alliance (OBA).
The OBA won a nail-biting election by 19 seats to 17.
The Governor also swore in three appointed opposition senators, Diallo Rabain, Renee Ming and Marc Daniels. Rabain will be the PLP’s Senate leader. (CMC)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Robert Goode commented on Davis Cup tie at risk
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Woman on way to Barbados had drugs, guns and ammo
- Harold Harris commented on MISSING: Shanique Scantlebury
- Harold Harris commented on Show us!
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on UPDATED: Neighbours charged with wounding