Beauty blooms at flower festivalPatrons enjoying the beauty of the flowers that adorn the church. (Sharon Harding)
Sat, January 12, 2013 - 5:45 PM
The beauty of flowers and plants are timeless and the displays at The St Peter’s Parish Church’s Flower and Garden Festival continue to get better every year, said festival patron Regina Sixt.
Sixt, the honorary consul of Barbados to Germany, was again the patron for the festival, now in its 14th year. The theme this time around is Blyssid Be the Tyme.
“It is lovely, colourful, amazing. This is timeless beauty and it is getting better every year, I don’t know what’s coming next year, it can’t get any better,” she said.
The Queen’s Street church was again transformed for another year, featuring awe inspiring displays of flowers and fruit, capped by an incredible figure eight type arrangement behind the altar.
Rector, father Peter Haynes, said it was a joy to have the festival at the church for another year and said the theme was apt.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Robert Goode commented on Davis Cup tie at risk
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Woman on way to Barbados had drugs, guns and ammo
- Harold Harris commented on MISSING: Shanique Scantlebury
- Harold Harris commented on Show us!
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on UPDATED: Neighbours charged with wounding