By Barry Alleyne | Wed, January 30, 2013 - 12:10 AM
The Barbados Labour Party (BLP) is ready to rumble on February 21.
Political leader and former Prime Minister Owen Arthur last night said his party was confident of a win at the polls, and would wage a serious campaign battle, taking nothing for granted.
“We are confident, but not yet triumphant,” a careful-sounding Arthur told the MIDWEEK NATION moments after Prime Minister Freundel Stuart revealed that election day would be February 21, and Nomination Day next Wednesday.
Arthur said: “We certainly can’t say we’ve been caught napping. The Barbados Labour Party will benefit from being given this opportunity to do all its work in good time,” the MP for St Peter added.Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years