Benn in ‘A’ side for T20sBACK IN BREW: Sulieman Benn’s recall to the “A” Team could lead to his selection for the ICC World T20. (FP)
Fri, June 22, 2012 - 12:01 AM
ST JOHN’S – Discarded left-arm spinner Sulieman Benn has been recalled to a 13-man West Indies “A” squad for the Twenty20 double header against India “A” at Queen’s Park Oval, tomorrow and Sunday.
The 30-year-old Benn has not played in West Indies colours for more than a year following disciplinary problems during last year’s World Cup on the Asian subcontinent.
Benn’s call-up to the Windies “A” side comes after he was snubbed for the preceding unofficial three-Test series, despite 45 wickets in the regional four-day championship this season.
He will be part of a side captained by Test opener Kieran Powell and which also includes Krishmar Santokie, Garey Mathurin, Christopher Barnwell and Danza Hyatt; all of whom have already played for senior West Indies.
Read the full story in today's WEEKEND NATION.
- Editor's Choice
- Your Lamen commented on $60M loss
- Tanya Respect Forde commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: LIME’s $100m investment great news
- Judy Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments