Benn in with a chanceSulieman Benn (File Picture)
By EZRA STUART | Thu, July 19, 2012 - 12:07 AM
THERE IS still a glimmer of hope that left-arm spinner Sulieman Benn will be selected in the final West Indies’ 15-man cricket squad for the ICC World Twenty20 Championship in Sri Lanka in September.
Benn, who has not represented the West Indies in Tests, One-day Internationals or T20 cricket since last year’s World Cup in the sub-continent, was named in a provisional 30-man squad yesterday by regional selectors for the September 18 to October 7 tournament.
He was recently called up to play for the West Indies “A” in a pair of T20 matches against India “A”.
He played the last of his 17 T20 Internationals – in which he has taken 15 wickets at an average of 27.60 and economy rate of 7.01 – against South Africa two years ago.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Bim Bum commented on Credit unions must pull investments
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Bim Bum commented on Too much emotion!
- Bim Bum commented on Increase in drugs from US
- Bim Bum commented on ‘Miracle tree’ in demand