By SHERRYLYN A. TOPPIN | Sun, October 28, 2012 - 12:10 AM
THE BARBADOS FOOTBALL Association’s (BFA) Goal Project in Wildey has been hit by another snag.
This time it is the Ministry of Housing and Lands’ ordering the demolition of the foundation for the planned three-storey headquarters as no approval had been granted by the Town Planning Department to begin that phase of construction.
Newly elected president Randy Harris told the SUNDAY SUN it was a big disappointment.
“One of the short-term plans was to have the facility available to the BFA. We thought it was very important for us now to make sure it was in a state that we could play matches, maybe rent portable lights, and play some of our matches at the facility since the Stadium is not going to be ready until February or March. It is a big disappointment,” Harris said.Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on Barrack negotiations continuing
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Easing the burden of families hit by disaster
- Snow Cone commented on CBS ends deal with Rihanna
- daneale o'neale commented on ‘Insult to union’
- Tony Webster commented on We must travel!