BFA money checkRandy Harris (FP)
By Barry Alleyne | Sun, January 19, 2014 - 12:11 AM
From now on the finances of the Barbados Football Association (BFA) will be guarded like Fort Knox.
Those promises are coming from president of the BFA, Randy Harris, in the wake of a decision by the sport’s governing body FIFA to carry out a forensic audit into the finances of the local body, after a number of financial improprieties had been discovered in 2013.
The beleaguered president told the SUNDAY SUN yesterday that since the financial imprudence had been “recognized” after he came to office, the new administration had quickly put things in place to prevent any recurrences.
“One of the main new security measures is that the association’s treasurer [Edwin Wood] has to sign off on all money being disbursed by the association,” Harris revealed.Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Adam Shaw commented on PM Stuart recovers in Canada
- Wayne Webster commented on Town Planner: It’s not our fault
- Sodi S commented on Fog’s ‘the cause’
- Tony Webster commented on THE ISSUE: IMF ‘help’ a given alternative
- Wayne Webster commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should we marry even though he hits me?