BIBA walks, runs for charityParticipants in this year’s BIBA charity health walk/run leaving the starting point in Belleville, St Michael. ((Picture by Rawle Culbard.))
Mon, October 22, 2012 - 12:01 AM
THE Barbados International Business Association (BIBA) held its annual charity health walk/run yesterday afternoon.
More than 350 people participated in the event which coincides with the association’s International Business Week of activities which also commenced yesterday.
At 4 p.m. the runners and walkers started their journey from BIBA’s Belleville office to Aquatic Gap, St Michael.
One of the trustees for the BIBA charity which organized the event, Dawn Williams, said the proceeds will go toward purchasing vital monitoring machines for the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
“One of the objectives of the charity is to provide and support public health care in Barbados and we have been focusing on that for the last three years,” she said. (AH)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?