BIBA walks, runs for charityParticipants in this year’s BIBA charity health walk/run leaving the starting point in Belleville, St Michael. ((Picture by Rawle Culbard.))
Mon, October 22, 2012 - 12:01 AM
THE Barbados International Business Association (BIBA) held its annual charity health walk/run yesterday afternoon.
More than 350 people participated in the event which coincides with the association’s International Business Week of activities which also commenced yesterday.
At 4 p.m. the runners and walkers started their journey from BIBA’s Belleville office to Aquatic Gap, St Michael.
One of the trustees for the BIBA charity which organized the event, Dawn Williams, said the proceeds will go toward purchasing vital monitoring machines for the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
“One of the objectives of the charity is to provide and support public health care in Barbados and we have been focusing on that for the last three years,” she said. (AH)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mr Psychotic commented on Foreplay giant, but still too small
- Larsen Parris commented on Fees ‘best option’
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’