BLP mass meeting offPolice at Heroes Square where the BLP mass meeting was set for tonight. (Ricardo Leacock)
Wed, January 16, 2013 - 6:17 PM
A highly anticipated Barbados Labour Party (BLP) mass political meeting organized for tonight at Heroes Square was called off earlier today because it contravenes with the laws of Barbados.
The meeting, which was to be staged in Heroes Square in the heart of Bridgetown, is off because it contravenes the Public Order Act, which prohibits public meetings from being held when Parliament is in session, Commissioner of Police, Darwin Dottin explains.
The meeting was scheduled to start at 7 p.m., but the permit, which had been allowed, was withdrawn just after 4 p.m.
The Senate was in session today.
Full reports in tomorrow's DAILY NATION
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Pan Wallie commented on Money woes hurting Jack
- Pan Wallie commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Nigel Nicholls commented on Banks Calendar Girl Top 8 picked
- Tony Webster commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Wayne Webster commented on Ganja found in container at Port