BMA liftBobbi McKay, executive director of the Barbados Manufacturers’ Association. (FP)
By MARLON MADDEN | Thu, December 27, 2012 - 12:10 AM
Although sales may not have been as high as in previous years, manufacturers are generally happy with how Barbadians have patronized them during the past year, and are optimistic about 2013.
However, there is still the call for “greater opportunities” within the sector, in particular garment and furniture, to create more jobs.
Barbados Manufacturers’ Association (BMA) executive director Bobbi McKay told the DAILY NATION yesterday that come next year her organization would be working closer with the Government, financial institutions, hotels and other stakeholders to continue expanding the sector – with focus on furniture producers.
“So that when people start knocking on their doors, they will have the products. In many cases, the funds are there; but it was difficult for them to access them,” she said.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Dale M commented on Fines fuss
- Tony Webster commented on MONDAY MAN: On guard, by God’s grace
- Wayne Webster commented on Time to step up
- Pan Wallie commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: I love outside man, despite the blows
- Pan Wallie commented on Fire officers to get a hand