BNB bungleSir Roy Trotman (File Picture)
Sun, October 14, 2012 - 12:11 AM
WITH ALL THE TALK of divestment of state assets, there is at least one former Government-owned entity which union boss Sir Roy Trotman would like to have renationalized.
It is the now defunct Barbados National Bank (BNB), which was recently renamed the Republic Bank (Barbados) Limited, in recognition of its majority non-Barbadian owners.
While making it clear he had nothing against the Trinidadian company involved, Sir Roy revealed in a SUNDAY SUN exclusive interview that he was strongly opposed to the sale of BNB which for him was “one of the signs of true independence”.
“I feel very strongly about the Barbados National Bank now being the Republic Bank of Trinidad and Tobago,” said Sir Roy, general secretary of the Barbados Workers’ Union (BWU) and a former BNB director.Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years