Mon, January 28, 2013 - 12:10 AM
Businessman Austin Husbands has said that temporary fencing erected along a portion of the boardwalk in Speightstown on Saturday was not to prevent the public from accessing the walkway.
Husbands, the owner of La Bouche Wine Bar and Restaurant, said yesterday that the fence was there only for a one-off event which was held at the restaurant yesterday afternoon and permission had been granted by the relevant authority for the temporary erection.
When the DAILY NATION team visited the area yesterday, two pieces of fence were propped up along the wall at the side of the boardwalk. Shortly afterward, they were collected by a rental company.
A concerned businessman had called THE NATION to complain that the management of La Bouche in Orange Street, Speightstown, had put up a fence obstructing the boardwalk. (LK)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past