Bone of contention(Lennox Devonish)
Sat, August 11, 2012 - 12:05 AM
TWO CONTENTIOUS documents held the attention of counsel during yesterday’s hearing in the Alexandra School’s Commission of Inquiry.
Both referred to a former student, with one being a copy of the school’s official report and the other a handwritten draft.
Retired secretary Merlene Sealy will be summoned to give an account of the handwritten document, which was declared to be potentially “damaging evidence” in relation to principal Jeff Broomes. (RJ)
Here, Broomes’ attorney Vernon Smith, QC, questions the documents’ validity.
- Editor's Choice
- G Philips commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments
- Frank Husbands commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Orson Arthur commented on $60M loss
- Georges Augustin commented on Embrace African heritage!