Bridgetown aglow(Picture by Nigel Browne.)
Fri, November 16, 2012 - 12:05 AM
When the lights of The City Of Bridgetown were switched on on the evening of Thursday, November 1, by Julian Brooks, student of the Irving Wilson School, it signalled the start of month-long celebrations to mark our 46th year of Independence.
With exactly two weeks to go before Independence Day the spectacle has caught the eyes of locals and visitors alike. A combination of blue and yellow lights are being used as a substitute for the ultramarine and gold colours of the Flag. (TTY)
Here, the WEEKEND NATION captures an aerial view of the Treasury Building and the historic Parliament Buildings all aglow.
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?