Bridgetown aglow(Picture by Nigel Browne.)
Fri, November 16, 2012 - 12:05 AM
When the lights of The City Of Bridgetown were switched on on the evening of Thursday, November 1, by Julian Brooks, student of the Irving Wilson School, it signalled the start of month-long celebrations to mark our 46th year of Independence.
With exactly two weeks to go before Independence Day the spectacle has caught the eyes of locals and visitors alike. A combination of blue and yellow lights are being used as a substitute for the ultramarine and gold colours of the Flag. (TTY)
Here, the WEEKEND NATION captures an aerial view of the Treasury Building and the historic Parliament Buildings all aglow.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sodi S commented on Six may go, LIAT closing departments
- Tony Webster commented on Cruise record
- Bentley Beckles commented on EDITORIAL: Include farmers in Govt’s plans for industry
- Carl Harper commented on Shane takes bronze
- Carl Harper commented on Sinckler sorry for BRA slip-up