Bridgetown aglow(Picture by Nigel Browne.)
Fri, November 16, 2012 - 12:05 AM
When the lights of The City Of Bridgetown were switched on on the evening of Thursday, November 1, by Julian Brooks, student of the Irving Wilson School, it signalled the start of month-long celebrations to mark our 46th year of Independence.
With exactly two weeks to go before Independence Day the spectacle has caught the eyes of locals and visitors alike. A combination of blue and yellow lights are being used as a substitute for the ultramarine and gold colours of the Flag. (TTY)
Here, the WEEKEND NATION captures an aerial view of the Treasury Building and the historic Parliament Buildings all aglow.
- Editor's Choice
- Your Lamen commented on $60M loss
- Tanya Respect Forde commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: LIME’s $100m investment great news
- Judy Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments