Brighter days for L&NL&N Workshop owner Norman Edwards (right) discussing one of their jobs with employees. (Gercine Carter)
Mon, May 14, 2012 - 12:00 AM
CANE GARDEN, ST THOMAS manufacturer L & N Workshop Inc. is reporting brighter days amidst the current economic turmoil.
“We are seeing an upsurge in work in the last few weeks. People are spending a little more and many companies are now trying to get their fleet up to scratch,” Norman Edwards, managing director of the bus and truck body manufacturing company, told BARBADOS BUSINESS AUTHORITY.
Edwards acquired the former Acme Manufacturing company ten years ago and says he is beginning to see growth after “some rough years” at the outset.
Though the last three years have been generally “difficult”, the managing director said L & N had managed to expand its operation and as a result, had seen four per cent growth in business, with 2009-2010 being “a good year” with “a steady flow of work”.
Read the full story in today's BUSINESS AUTHORITY.
- Editor's Choice
- Carl Harper commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Dale Harris commented on Two off to play in England
- Jack Husbands commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Jalisa Skeete commented on Barbados' supercentenarian Sisnett is dead
- Frank Husbands commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally