British couple sentenced
Fri, February 14, 2014 - 3:42 PM
TULULLA SALVATORI and Edward Denney were today each sentenced to nine months imprisonment.
The British couple made a false report to police they were robbed by gunmen at their Sandy Lane residence on February 5 of $2 000 cash and jewellery worth over $34 million.
Salvatori, 27, and 41-year-old Denney pleaded guilty to wasting the police time when they appeared before Magistrate Barbara Cooke-Alleyne in the Holetown Magistrates’ Court.
Salvatori also was sentenced to an additional nine months at Dodds Prison after she admitted to obtaining the services of a hired car by deception. That will run consecutively.
A cheque submitted for the payment of over $7 606.25 was dishonoured by the bank. (TS)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Lloyd Gulston commented on Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Leif jensen commented on Tough lessons
- Harold Harris commented on Low spirits
- Lloyd Gulston commented on Festival needs ‘helping hand’
- Sodi S commented on 13 million snails put down