Brownies bring cheer
Wed, December 05, 2012 - 12:05 AM
Brownie packs from Trinity Academy and St Winifred’s School assembled in the living room of the Bromswood Retirement Home yesterday to spread some Christmas cheer.
To conclude their activities for this year, the 38 Brownies sang carols for the enjoyment of the seniors who reside at the facility.
Brownie pack leader Marcia Marshall said that the students also collected non-perishable food items for a hamper that they presented to the residents.
Marshall said that every year the Brownies tried to visit a facility as an outreach project.
Manager of the Bromswood Retirement Home, Maraline Sobers, said the seniors were very appreciative of the children’s visit. (LK)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years