Brownies bring cheer
Wed, December 05, 2012 - 12:05 AM
Brownie packs from Trinity Academy and St Winifred’s School assembled in the living room of the Bromswood Retirement Home yesterday to spread some Christmas cheer.
To conclude their activities for this year, the 38 Brownies sang carols for the enjoyment of the seniors who reside at the facility.
Brownie pack leader Marcia Marshall said that the students also collected non-perishable food items for a hamper that they presented to the residents.
Marshall said that every year the Brownies tried to visit a facility as an outreach project.
Manager of the Bromswood Retirement Home, Maraline Sobers, said the seniors were very appreciative of the children’s visit. (LK)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mr Psychotic commented on Foreplay giant, but still too small
- Larsen Parris commented on Fees ‘best option’
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’