Fri, November 02, 2012 - 12:11 AM
Mary Redman, president of the Barbados Secondary Teachers’ Union (BSTU) is already jumping for joy, but the much anticipated report of the Frederick Waterman Commission Of Inquiry Into The Alexandra School has not yet been officially released.
Up to news time, the Office of the Prime Minister was said to be still working on the Government’s Press statement and principal Jeff Broomes reported that no one from Government had made contact with him.
With reports swirling that he could soon be removed from Alexandra in keeping with the report’s recommendations, Broomes said that as far as he was concerned it was business as usual at the St Peter school.
“I still have not seen anything. No one has contacted me. I’m still the principal right now. I can’t have much to say. It is in the hands of my lawyers,” he told the WEEKEND NATION yesterday. (BA/YB/MK)Please read the full story in today’s WEEKEND NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past