BTA’s hopeAdrian Elcock. (FP)
By Barry Alleyne | Mon, November 19, 2012 - 12:12 AM
The Barbados Tourism Authority (BTA) is banking on its biggest superstar partner.
Facing the most important next two winter seasons in the midst of a worldwide recession, the BTA is expecting the marketing power of Rihanna to drive Barbados’ finances as a tourist destination like never before.
This was stated on Friday night by chairman of the BTA, Adrian Elcock, who revealed the sexy songstress remained the island’s most important tourist attraction.
Elcock told the DAILY NATION in an exclusive interview that the BTA would be spending just over $1/4 million to produce the island’s latest Rihanna tourism initiative, in an effort to draw millions of people to Barbados.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Include farmers in Govt’s plans for industry
- Pan Wallie commented on Home cry
- Wayne Webster commented on Taxing lines at centres
- Dale Connell commented on THE 'NETTE EFFECT: Day my childhood came crashing down
- Glyne Griffith commented on Sealy: Focus on women