BTA’s hopeAdrian Elcock. (FP)
By Barry Alleyne | Mon, November 19, 2012 - 12:12 AM
The Barbados Tourism Authority (BTA) is banking on its biggest superstar partner.
Facing the most important next two winter seasons in the midst of a worldwide recession, the BTA is expecting the marketing power of Rihanna to drive Barbados’ finances as a tourist destination like never before.
This was stated on Friday night by chairman of the BTA, Adrian Elcock, who revealed the sexy songstress remained the island’s most important tourist attraction.
Elcock told the DAILY NATION in an exclusive interview that the BTA would be spending just over $1/4 million to produce the island’s latest Rihanna tourism initiative, in an effort to draw millions of people to Barbados.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Orange Peel commented on Raunchy beach party
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Hoping to make friends with other retirees
- daneale o'neale commented on NCC talks today
- James Lynch commented on Export lift
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past