BTA’s hopeAdrian Elcock. (FP)
By Barry Alleyne | Mon, November 19, 2012 - 12:12 AM
The Barbados Tourism Authority (BTA) is banking on its biggest superstar partner.
Facing the most important next two winter seasons in the midst of a worldwide recession, the BTA is expecting the marketing power of Rihanna to drive Barbados’ finances as a tourist destination like never before.
This was stated on Friday night by chairman of the BTA, Adrian Elcock, who revealed the sexy songstress remained the island’s most important tourist attraction.
Elcock told the DAILY NATION in an exclusive interview that the BTA would be spending just over $1/4 million to produce the island’s latest Rihanna tourism initiative, in an effort to draw millions of people to Barbados.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Dale M commented on Fines fuss
- Tony Webster commented on MONDAY MAN: On guard, by God’s grace
- Wayne Webster commented on Time to step up
- Pan Wallie commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: I love outside man, despite the blows
- Pan Wallie commented on Fire officers to get a hand