Bus flips in field
Sun, December 29, 2013 - 12:08 AM
Ten passengers in a Transport Board bus are thanking their lucky stars after the vehicle in which they were travelling ended up on its side in a canefield at Harrisons, St Lucy yesterday.
According to a police report, 45-year-old Walter Henderson Lewis, the driver, apparently lost control of the bus and it slid into a canefield and fell on its right side around 7:20 a.m
One passenger Tesha Norville, 32, of Northumberland, St Lucy, is said to have sustained a fractured right foot and was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) by ambulance.
The other nine passengers sustained minor injuries and were carried to the hospital and a polyclinic by a Transport Boad bus. (JS/PR)Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Orange Peel commented on Raunchy beach party
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Hoping to make friends with other retirees
- daneale o'neale commented on NCC talks today
- James Lynch commented on Export lift
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past