Bus flips in field
Sun, December 29, 2013 - 12:08 AM
Ten passengers in a Transport Board bus are thanking their lucky stars after the vehicle in which they were travelling ended up on its side in a canefield at Harrisons, St Lucy yesterday.
According to a police report, 45-year-old Walter Henderson Lewis, the driver, apparently lost control of the bus and it slid into a canefield and fell on its right side around 7:20 a.m
One passenger Tesha Norville, 32, of Northumberland, St Lucy, is said to have sustained a fractured right foot and was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) by ambulance.
The other nine passengers sustained minor injuries and were carried to the hospital and a polyclinic by a Transport Boad bus. (JS/PR)Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Dale M commented on Fines fuss
- Tony Webster commented on MONDAY MAN: On guard, by God’s grace
- Wayne Webster commented on Time to step up
- Pan Wallie commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: I love outside man, despite the blows
- Pan Wallie commented on Fire officers to get a hand