Bus runs off the road
Sat, December 28, 2013 - 2:09 PM
NINE passengers on board a Transport Board bus received minor injuries and one sustained a fractured foot when the bus ran off the road this morning in St Lucy.
Driver Walter Lewis, 45, reportedly lost control of the vehicle around 7:20 a.m. at Harrisons, St Lucy. The bus slid off the road into a cane field and landed on the right side.
One of the passengers, 32-year-old Tesha Norville of Northumberland, St Lucy, sustained a fractured right foot. She was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) by ambulance.
Dr David Byer of the QEH conducted medical assessments of the passengers at the scene and the nine others were transported for further treatment at the QEH and to a polyclinic by another Transport Board bus.
Personnel from the Barbados Fire Service, the Roving Response Team, and the medical unit of the Barbados Defence Force also responded to the accident.
Investigations into this accident are continuing. (PR)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years