Bus runs off the road
Sat, December 28, 2013 - 2:09 PM
NINE passengers on board a Transport Board bus received minor injuries and one sustained a fractured foot when the bus ran off the road this morning in St Lucy.
Driver Walter Lewis, 45, reportedly lost control of the vehicle around 7:20 a.m. at Harrisons, St Lucy. The bus slid off the road into a cane field and landed on the right side.
One of the passengers, 32-year-old Tesha Norville of Northumberland, St Lucy, sustained a fractured right foot. She was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) by ambulance.
Dr David Byer of the QEH conducted medical assessments of the passengers at the scene and the nine others were transported for further treatment at the QEH and to a polyclinic by another Transport Board bus.
Personnel from the Barbados Fire Service, the Roving Response Team, and the medical unit of the Barbados Defence Force also responded to the accident.
Investigations into this accident are continuing. (PR)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mr Psychotic commented on Foreplay giant, but still too small
- Larsen Parris commented on Fees ‘best option’
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’