Fri, January 18, 2013 - 12:01 AM
ONE OF Barbados’ oldest supermarket chains has closed the doors of two of its outlets and scaled down operations at the remaining store.
Buyrite Supermarkets closed its locations at City Centre Mall and Cumberland Street in The City on December 28 and is only operating at its Roebuck Street location.
It is understood that about 12 people were sent home.
Yesterday Creditel Collections conducted a sale of the wooden and metal shelving at the City Centre Mall and Cumberland Street locations.
Here, people visiting the now closed Buy Rite Supermarket location at City Centre Mall yesterday to purchase the wooden and metal shelvings. (Picture by Maria Bradshaw.)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Robert Goode commented on Davis Cup tie at risk
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Woman on way to Barbados had drugs, guns and ammo
- Harold Harris commented on MISSING: Shanique Scantlebury
- Harold Harris commented on Show us!
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on UPDATED: Neighbours charged with wounding