Fri, January 18, 2013 - 12:01 AM
ONE OF Barbados’ oldest supermarket chains has closed the doors of two of its outlets and scaled down operations at the remaining store.
Buyrite Supermarkets closed its locations at City Centre Mall and Cumberland Street in The City on December 28 and is only operating at its Roebuck Street location.
It is understood that about 12 people were sent home.
Yesterday Creditel Collections conducted a sale of the wooden and metal shelving at the City Centre Mall and Cumberland Street locations.
Here, people visiting the now closed Buy Rite Supermarket location at City Centre Mall yesterday to purchase the wooden and metal shelvings. (Picture by Maria Bradshaw.)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past