Fri, January 18, 2013 - 12:01 AM
ONE OF Barbados’ oldest supermarket chains has closed the doors of two of its outlets and scaled down operations at the remaining store.
Buyrite Supermarkets closed its locations at City Centre Mall and Cumberland Street in The City on December 28 and is only operating at its Roebuck Street location.
It is understood that about 12 people were sent home.
Yesterday Creditel Collections conducted a sale of the wooden and metal shelving at the City Centre Mall and Cumberland Street locations.
Here, people visiting the now closed Buy Rite Supermarket location at City Centre Mall yesterday to purchase the wooden and metal shelvings. (Picture by Maria Bradshaw.)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Include farmers in Govt’s plans for industry
- Pan Wallie commented on Home cry
- Wayne Webster commented on Taxing lines at centres
- Dale Connell commented on THE 'NETTE EFFECT: Day my childhood came crashing down
- Glyne Griffith commented on Sealy: Focus on women