Can’t silence BLP!
By Barry Alleyne | Thu, January 17, 2013 - 12:12 AM
The Barbados Labour Party (BLP) will not be silenced!
That’s the word from the party’s leader, former Prime Minister Owen Arthur, after a highly publicized political mass meeting scheduled for last night had to be called off when the Royal Barbados Police Force withdrew permission a couple hours before the scheduled seven o’clock start.
“I don’t ever get involved with the police doing its work,”Arthur said. “The police is an independent authority and it has to do what it feels is best for order in Barbados.”
But the BLP chief said the party would not be silenced as it prepared for a battle royal with the Democratic Labour Party Government in the upcoming general election.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mr Psychotic commented on Foreplay giant, but still too small
- Larsen Parris commented on Fees ‘best option’
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’