Tue, February 12, 2013 - 12:05 AM
Thousands of revellers will be jumping to the pulsating rhythms of popular calypsos in Port of Spain, Trinidad, today as the curtain comes down on Carnival 2013.
From “Foreday Morning” yesterday, some of the revellers had participated in the popular Jouvert celebrations and the brother-and-sister pair of Rondell Pierre and Lillan Pierre, with portrayals designed by their father Natty, combined to parody Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and Minister of National Security Austin “Jack” Warner.
Other politicians were also the subject of satire during Jouvert where the majority of the bands made the Austin SuperBlue Lyons’ Fantastic Friday hit the song of choice when they crossed the judging point.
Here, the Eric Julien photographs from the Trinidad Express, highlight some of the revellers and a section of one of Brian MacFarlane’s costume band. (ES)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Simon Templar commented on Bulgarian charged for cocaine
- Tony Webster commented on AWRIGHT DEN!: Well done, Harold
- Francis Blackman commented on Danger zone
- RANDY BRIDGEMAN commented on Key points: Clive Lloyd on Windies cricket
- Wayne Webster commented on Ebola test for 90 Nigerian students