Tue, February 12, 2013 - 12:05 AM
Thousands of revellers will be jumping to the pulsating rhythms of popular calypsos in Port of Spain, Trinidad, today as the curtain comes down on Carnival 2013.
From “Foreday Morning” yesterday, some of the revellers had participated in the popular Jouvert celebrations and the brother-and-sister pair of Rondell Pierre and Lillan Pierre, with portrayals designed by their father Natty, combined to parody Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and Minister of National Security Austin “Jack” Warner.
Other politicians were also the subject of satire during Jouvert where the majority of the bands made the Austin SuperBlue Lyons’ Fantastic Friday hit the song of choice when they crossed the judging point.
Here, the Eric Julien photographs from the Trinidad Express, highlight some of the revellers and a section of one of Brian MacFarlane’s costume band. (ES)
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?