Cash dash for OlympiansOlympian Greggmar Swift (left) and Paralympic swimmer David Taylor are ready for the London 2012 Summer Games. (Sherrylyn A. Toppin)
By SHERRYLYN A. TOPPIN | Sat, July 14, 2012 - 12:07 AM
IT WILL BE cash for gold, silver and bronze at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
And Barbadian athletes who win medals at the Games stand to benefit from incentives in excess of BDS$200 000.
Erskine Simmons, secretary general of the Barbados Olympic Association (BOA), said a gold medal winner would get $100 000; $75 000 for the silver and a bronze medal $50 000.
“It has always been in place,” Simmons told the SUN on SATURDAY, “going back since Sydney 2000.”Please read the full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Carl Harper commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Dale Harris commented on Two off to play in England
- Jack Husbands commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Jalisa Skeete commented on Barbados' supercentenarian Sisnett is dead
- Frank Husbands commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally